Monday, October 13, 2014

Re: UFOs: UnFinished Objects

Therapy no longer needed.  I lasted 5 days.

Here are my new projects, started about midnight last night.  How many free patterns have you downloaded and never used?  I decided to use this one, Garden Gate Plaids, from Andover Fabrics.  (Click on the tab called "download" to find the pattern.) I ordered the green background a few minutes ago, and all the rest are in my stash. I started cutting fabric for the blocks last night.







While going through my stash I found a kit that I forgot I had.  It's called "It takes a village", an african proverb.  The kit uses, appropriately, African batik fabrics.  I bought the kit and let it get buried for some reason.  I took a break from cutting to add this blog post!  I need coffee!


I'm amazed, simply amazed how quilting 'feels'.  What a great way to relax and let the cares of the day fall away.  I resolve to never go through life without UFOs.



Last, but not least, I picked out these fabrics for ... drum roll please... my bedroom!  Imagine that?  Making a quilt for myself??? Oooo, what a lovely idea!  This pattern was downloaded from Quilter's Club of America.  This company has a free online forum, I've made some wonderful friends there!  It's a free forum, but if you decide to become a member, you get to download 400 free patterns, get discounts at fabric stores, they mail you free quilting magazines and more!  This is the pattern, and the fabrics I chose from my stash last night!



1 comment:

  1. Oh how I envy you.... If I live to be 150 I'll still have UFO's I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete