Saturday, February 2, 2013

Long arm in action

This post ties into the last post.  I found a video that can help the non-quilters visiting my blog see a long arm quilting machine in action.



Long arm quilting is sooo relaxing.  Beginning quilters can easily use a long arm quilting machine. I use a Tin Lizzie 26" machine, but there are several brands available.  I like Tin Lizzie because it isn't picky, doesn't fuss when I switch thread weights, in fact, I don't even need to adjust the tension.  Thread the machine and just go!  Tech support is Faaaabulous as well, I was very impressed when I needed to call tech support.

If you have a long arm dealer nearby, visit the shop and test drive a machine.  You'll see how easy and relaxing it is.  It doesn't matter which brand is near you, all long arm machines use the same basic machinery, it will be the options that are different between brands.  Whatever's Quilted, in Wake Forest, is my favorite shop, along with Bernina World of Sewing on Glenwood Ave. in  Raleigh.

3 comments:

  1. I agree, I enjoy my Tin Lizzie 26 also. Machine quilting is a very enjoyable and relaxing activity. Nice design in the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked out your blog, your quilting room is lovely! I wished we lived closer, we could have fun!

    ReplyDelete