Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Think Nemo was bad?

Now that the blizzard has blown itself out, the streets are becoming clear, the 10 foot piles of snow on the sidewalk have melted to a mere 8 feet, I'd like to share this with you:




A video posted online yesterday shows thousands of spiders "raining down" in the southern Brazilian town of Santo Antônio da Platina.  Apparently, in Brazil, this phenomenon is normal.  Personally, I would not use the word 'normal' to describe a spider downpour.  Earthquakes are also normal but I've never seen anyone in the history of the world use the word normal to describe an earthquake.  Can you see this as a headline?... "A normal earthquake hit Japan today, killing 5,000."    I don't think so.

I will never, ever, ever complain about snow again for the rest of my life.  At least not until the next blizzard hits.


I've been working on a new American Hero quilt today.  This is my first try with rulers.  When I loaded this one on the frame, it called out for ruler work, don't you agree?


2 comments:

  1. Just finding your blog via Stitch by Stitch monday's linky party. Love how you are doing that quilt border! Can you tell what ruler that is you are using?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicki! I'm using a ruler that was made to do feathers. The ruler is called "The Weave" and I bought it from www.quiltersrule.com
    I'm glad you asked!

    ReplyDelete